Ignore whatever the cost will be. It’ll be insane. Let’s limit this to the aesthetics.
Here’s the non-Bond Seamaster Planet Ocean 600. Now the details on this new one created for the film:
- 42 mm in diameter
- 600 meter water resistance
- 007 logo appears at 7 o’clock
- Divers’ Clasp on bracelet engraved with 007
- SKYFALL 007 is black-varnish engraved on the rotor, visible through a sapphire crystal caseback.
- Matte “structured” / brick textured black dial
- Powered by Omega’s new Co-Axial calibre 8507 movement
- Production run limited to 5,007 (hey-o) pieces
The differences (other than the movement) appear to be the 007 logo at 7 o’clock, the texture to the dial, and the engraved 007 logos on the clasp and rotor. Now the question:
Do the 007 logos help or hurt this thing? Plenty of you guys hate logos in general, but does adding a movie character’s branding make it less wearable, y’know, just in case you happen to have five, six, or 00-seven grand lying around? Adding the 007 logo to a special edition watch for the movie is nothing new, but still. Vote in the poll and leave your take in the comments…
And one last question: Does Bond wear this 007 logo’d up version in the film? If so, is that like a band wearing their own t-shirt on stage?