Polo Ralph Lauren Terry Ribbon Driver – $69.20 w/ TWENTY & BOXES ($99)
*Code is good for 20% off site wide with a few exceptions at Piperlime. Free shipping and free returns through them. Code expires today. And yes, these were going for 25% off not that long ago.
UPDATE: Looks like you can stack a couple of codes here. TWENTY takes 20% off, and BOXES takes an additional $10 off a purchase over $50. Hat tip to Colin M for pointing that out in the comments.
More than a few of us need another pair of shoes like we need another hole in our heads. But when it comes to warm weather, there’s some need for a pair petween lace-ups and classic American sneakers. Some guys swear by boat shoes. Some guys flip rules-snobs the bird and wear sandals. Some wear penny loafers. And then there’s these:
RL’s stand out driver. Two colors at Piperlime. A third at RL. D-Rings are a brushed brass tone.
- Do they play off the bright colors trend thing? – Yes
- Yet at the same time do they keep it pretty subtle? – Yes
- Are they comfortable? – Yes
- Do they look slimmer compared to boat shoes and penny loafers? – Yes
- Can they be worn casually, as well as dressed up with a light blazer? – Yes
- Is the leather surprisingly supple for an under $100 shoe? – Yes
- Are there any visible logos? – Unfortunately, yes… the back heel (below)
- Do they claim to be “Crafted in Italy” like the Roderick Calf Driver originally did? – No. They’re “imported.” Made in China to be exact. The Roderick Calf Driver now says “imported” too. RL has been doing that lately.