Calvin Klein Iconic Leather Commuter Bag – $149.99 ($199.99)
There’s a serious lack of options when it comes to professional looking, not too rugged, city-ready work bags for under $200. Especially if you want something that isn’t a true messenger bag. This one has some solid details going for it, but there’s a few drawbacks as well:
- It’s leather.
- The logo is real subtle.
- It comes with top grab handles for those of us who don’t want to sling a shoulder strap over our heads every time we go from point A to point B.
- At 15″ wide, most smaller laptops will fit in just fine.
- There are two color options: Charcoal and Black
- The price is decently affordable at $150.
- It’s sleek and not a standard frumpy canvas bag.
- That leather won’t be the best quality by any stretch (but again, it’s $150.)
- At 15″ x 13″ it’s almost square. Which means it looks a little… y’know… purse-ish?
Or maybe “pursey” is the proper word. The murse. We all know the term. But does this thing look like one? It certainly doesn’t have standard attache proportions. Hell, you can carry almost anything (key word: almost) and if you do it with confidence no one will think twice. But would you carry it? Your vote goes below.