Indochino’s Suit Accessories Kit – $49.00 through Groupon
Price if you bought everything individually: $148 through Indochino
Accessories: “The last things you put on are the first things that get noticed.” Indochino does a real nice job at getting noticed, and they’re doing their best to get you to notice their new Men’s suit accessories “Utility Kit” that’s up for grabs on Groupon. So much so that they sent a couple our way for an (always) impartial review and giveaway.
Looks like the Groupon (Kalamazoo? But you don’t have to live there) is only up till Sunday. It also isn’t valid till 6/15 so using this on a Father’s Day gift might be out. Details on how to sign up to win one of these is at the bottom of the page. But first, that pesky review:
- Classic and Clean: No crazy colors or patterns here. Silver, black, and white. Everything should easily go well with your darker suits.
- The Tie’s Knot: At 2.75″ in width the tie is slim for sure, but it ties a surprisingly well balanced (not tiny) four-in-hand. All silk, no texture.
- The Tie Clip: The single groove down the middle gets that “stand out quietly” thing right. Feels inexpensive, but could become a go-to.
- The Tape Measure: Not a half bad tape measure at all. Has a bit of a rubber feel to it, but that’s not a drawback.
The Not so Good
- The Size of the Bars: I honestly thought I’d like these more. These suckers are lonnnnng. A full 1″ from end to end (see comparison above). More shine in person than on the web. And they lack character. Risks looking unbalanced on men who aren’t tall. Propeller like. If seen in store, I think most of us would pass.
- The Weight of the Tie: Not the thickest tie by any means. It’s 100% silk, but feels flimsy. Still ties a nice knot, but there’s not a lot of depth to the fabric. Wish there was more weight there.
The Bottom Line and Giveaway:
$50 seems like an okay price for the bunch, but I think most of us would prefer to pick and choose our accessories instead of buying all at once. That said, still a nice idea by Indochino to target the guys who want a one stop all-in-one setup for most of their dressed up suited needs.
Want to win one of the two utility kits Indochino was kind of to send along for a giveaway? Send an email to email@example.com with the subject Indochino Utility Kit. Dealine for entry is 11:59pm 6/11/11
UPDATE: Congrats to David F. and David D. who won the Utility Kits.