The Mega Splurge – Jack Spade – $305.00 ($395) vs. Saddleback Leather – $411.00
“HERETIC!”… That’s probably what all the Saddleback addicts are screaming right now. And with good reason. Saddleback is impressive. A 100 year warranty, style straight out of Tombstone, and a long list of happy customers.
But it’s good to re-examine every once in awhile. Here’s what the Jack Spade has going for it:
- Exterior is a more city ready “tropical weight cotton suiting” fabric
- That grey plaid. Damn.
- The top handles are perfect
- Corners don’t look slouchy
- Great hardware
- Much lighter & slimmer than the Saddleback
- Built with cushioned laptop sleeves inside
- Could save $90 on it through Bonobos if you pick up an $80 credit for $40 through Gilt City, then be a 1st time customer by clicking here and getting a $50 off coupon code.
But even after you jump through the hoops, $305 is asking a lot for a Jack Spade imported brief. And hang on now, check out the photos of a similar bag over here. Those sharp corners don’t look as sharp. They look more like my $50 Ben Sherman bag.
Saddlebacks are made in Mexico of U.S. leather… plus with that the 100 year Warranty…
Forget it. The Saddleback wins in a walk.
Your thoughts? Got a preference? How much would you spend on the Jack spade? Leave it all below…