Gilt Groupe Wed. 1/19 NOON ET – Brooks Brothers Shirt Giveaway
*Not sure what Giltman.com is? Click here for the full Story
**Full Disclosure as usual. Click here for how we benefit from you joining Gilt through Dappered.
***Don’t want to join through Dappered? You don’t have to. Click here to go directly to Gilt.
Credit to reader Joe for sending in the style tip.
And they won’t even charge you for shipping. Gilt Group and the people behind the USA Network’s “White Collar” are doing a giveaway on Wednesday to help promote the second season of that particular TV show. Brooks Brothers is apparently along for the ride as well, and here are the details that are worth knowing:
- At NOON ET on Wednesday 1/19 Gilt will begin to give away 813 Brooks Brothers White Dress Shirts
- Two men’s styles and two women’s styles will be available
- Retail value of each shirt is purported to be $90.00
- The first 813 Gilt Group customers to place one of these shirts in their cart get theirs for free.
- The sale will probably appear in both the Men’s and Women’s section.
Got all that? No word on the fit of the shirts. Seems like a well put together promotion. The TV Show gets solid promotion (never seen it), Brooks Brothers might get some new customers, and Gilt gets what perhaps could be a much needed spike in traffic. Afterall, the grounding of Gilt on this website was lifted back on New Year’s Day… and they haven’t made an appearance since. Until now. So their promotion worked in at least one (very) small case.
Are you even going to bother? Will you give it a shot? If you do, make sure your computer clock is set to the official US time, which is what Gilt appears to run off of. My guess is these are going to be gone in under three seconds. If you do give this contest a run, c’mon back here afterwards and let us all know if you were successful…