What to wear to the somewhat dressed up Holiday Party
Whether it’s a company Christmas Party, New Years, or just a bash at your house, over the next three days you’ll find three different suggestions on what to wear to one of the many holiday parties you’re sure to attend.
Location: Golf Course, nicer bar, the boss’s house…
- Banana Republic Tailored Cotton Blazer – $128.70 (reg $198 – use code BR35PRE, sizes are limited)
- TieBar black w/ white pencil stripe wool tie – $16.99
- Banana Republic San Marcos Wingtip – $91.00 (reg $140 – use code BR35PRE)
- Green and Black Silk Knot Cufflinks – $4.95
- Express Wool Mix Tweed Producer Pant – $59.92 (reg. $80)
- BOSS Black Stainless Square Black Dial – $195.00
- Calvin Klein French Cuff Shirt – $54.99 (reg. $80)
Y’know those businesses where most of the guys put on a tie once a year, just for the Christmas party? This is an example of an outfit for that kind of shindig. Don’t have a navy blazer with dark colored buttons? You can easily switch this around by going with a black moleskin or corduroy blazer paired with a navy tie. Just be sure to wear a non textured dress shirt if you use a corduroy jacket. Too many tonal vertical stripes.
The BR blazer is one of the sturdiest cotton blazers you’ll ever put on. Perfect for this time of year. That balances out the wintery tweed of the pant nicely. Add the wool tie plus some dark green silk knots for laid back cufflinks & a bit of color, and you’ve got a smart outfit that’ll stand out amongst the sea of sweaters and button downs.