J. Crew Point Collar Dress Shirt in Navy Gingham – $55.00 (reg. $69.50)
Similar Gingham shirts in grape, chalkboard, and rustic blue are now just $49.99
Some say Gingham is a pattern that should be limited to summer. Not true. Here’s a few cool weather options for what to wear either the navy or say, the less expensive chalkboard gray J. Crew Gingham shirt with:
For the Navy
- With your favorite gray suit, black laceups and a black wool tie
- Under a sweater vest with dark denim
- Under a black sweater with light gray chinos and the Florsheim Gaffney
For the Chalkboard Gray
- With the INC Corduroy Blazer, dark denim and a navy wool tie
- Under a lighter brown sweater, with a molehair blazer on top of that
- On the weekend over a t-shirt and under a blue shawl collar sweater
It’s pretty easy to pair with anything. Plus the J. Crew “regular” fit is actually a tailored trimmer option. So don’t be scared off by that. Point collar, comes in small, medium, large, and XL.
Need to save a few bucks? J. Crew’s outlet line “Factory” has a few similar, but not identical shirts. But, you have to buy them on the weekends.