Gap Shawl Collar Cardigan – $59.50 | Rugby Pima Cotton Cardigan – 89.50
American men usually wear cardigans at two stages in their life. When they’re in college, or when they’re in a retirement home. If you’re somewhere in-between, you can still pull one off but keep these rules in mind:
- Keep it fitted. Bulky sweaters add extra weight to your frame. Especially cardigans.
- These aren’t something you wear out to a decent restaurant. Use them to upgrade your weekend style.
- Stripes and other details are great. Just don’t go overboard with logos.
- Dark Navy and Black are safest. Gray and brown starts to look a little elderly.
- A cardigan can double as a spring jacket, only unlike the jacket, it still looks great indoors.
Keep those tips in mind, find a great cardigan like either of the two above, and you’ll hit the direct mid-point between incoming freshman and outgoing Grandpa.