Shannon Sharpe Style Analysis: Week 12 – Sharp Shannon & Lily Aldridge
Shannon Sharpe has quietly become one of the best dressed men on sports television. Sometimes. Unlike his competition (looking at you slim solid tie all the time Jesse Palmer) Sharpe takes risks. Sometimes the risks work and sometimes they don’t. The styleometer below is how we’ll track and analyze the CBS analyst’s look. Ten is a a big win, zero is awful, and five is a forgettable “mneh.” 50% of the final grade will be the average score of your votes.
- His shirt/tie/blazer for the Tebow Interview: This deserves a mention before we go anywhere. Despite probably giving the lighting guy a heart attack, Shannon went with an all white shirt in the Tebow interview. Probably easier to do off site than on set. Not to mention a black tie with texture, and one hell of a jacket.
- The Shirt: White base with a light check. Nice.
- The Suit Fit: How many suits do you think he owns?
- The Tie: It’s a Tom Ford that he has in at least a couple colors. I think there’s something to be learned from that. If you find something you really, really like? There’s no shame in buying multiples in different colors. Just don’t wear them every day of the week and you’re fine.
- The Shoes: If you haven’t yet, make an attempt to see Shannon’s shoe selection one Sunday. They usually do one segment in those big leather chairs. This week they were lighter brown brogues, and man were they something. Enough to inspire this tweet from LaMar G.
- The Twitter Contest Prize: Last week he was offering up an autographed photo for anyone who guessed his suit, watch, shirt, and tie makers. To which this was suggested here on Dappered: “c’mon ShaNNON! What about the tie bar?” Well, this week Shannon Tweeted:
“And to the 1st follower that can guess by the end of pregm show the suit shirt&tie and watch ,autograph football and tie bar from last wk” I think we have a new reader. What’s up Shannon. You gotta take Boom shopping.
- The Big Peak Lapels: I know, he likes em’. It’s just good to see him in slimmer peaks or maybe a notch every now and again. Which he does, so, not a big deal. He mixes it up.
- The Pointed Pocket Square: Some would argue that going with a pocket square folded like that works with the lines of his peak lapels. Others could argue that it’s a distraction when combined with the textured tie and patterned shirt.
- He wasn’t the best dressed person on set: That has to go to Victoria’s Secret model Lily Aldridge:
The Final Grades
From Dappered: 8.5 He pulls off those Tom Ford ties w/checked shirts really well. Not the first time either.
And about Ms. Aldridge: CBS was shamelessly promoting the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion show, and more power to them. She’s a Victoria’s Secret model. She wasn’t going to show up on set in sweats. But, and I think this is a legitimate question… too much? Your answer goes after the weekly poll on Shannon.
From the Dappered Readers: 7.7 You guys were a tougher room this week. Or maybe you were distracted?
The Final Grade: 8.1 And apparently, that’s not too much cleavage.
Shannon Sharpe's Style - Week 12
- 10 (7%, 12 Votes)
- 9 (22%, 36 Votes)
- 8 (24%, 40 Votes)
- 7 (31%, 51 Votes)
- 6 (13%, 22 Votes)
- 5 (2%, 3 Votes)
- 4 (1%, 1 Votes)
- 3 (1%, 1 Votes)
- 2 (0%, 0 Votes)
- 1 (1%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 166
And was Lily Aldridge showing too much clevage?
- No. It's all about context. She's a Victoria's Secret Model. (78%, 189 Votes)
- Yeah. It was the elephant(s) in the room. (23%, 57 Votes)
Total Voters: 243
Click here for previous weeks of the Shannon Sharpe Styleometer.