Shannon Sharpe Style Analysis: Week 7 – Corduroy & Pink
Shannon Sharpe has quietly become one of the best dressed men on sports television. Sometimes. Unlike his competition (looking at you slim solid tie all the time Jesse Palmer) Sharpe takes risks. Sometimes the risks work and sometimes they don’t. The styleometer below is how we’ll track and analyze the CBS analyst’s look. Ten is a a big win, zero is awful, and five is a forgettable “mneh.” 50% of the final grade will be the average score of your votes.
- The Meaning of the Pink: Shannon tweeted this about his pink shirt before the broadcast: “Ok its that time to tell me what u think of the outfit keeping n mind what the month of oct represents so hopefully its a keeper.” His shirt is for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. A great way to work pink in instead of the standard ribbon and thus, eliminating potential clutter up front.
- The Suit/Blazer: Never in a million years did I think he’d go corduroy on national television. As Bill Raftery would say: “ONIONS!” (sidenote: Not sure if it’s a full suit or not)
- The Tie Knot: He’s got some momentum going when it comes to well proportioned tie knots. His collars are almost always substantial spreads, so the knot will be big. It’s just not enormous.
- The Lapels: Notch this week. Not skinny lapels by any means, but still not Charlie Rose huge either.
- The Shade of Pink: Pink is great. But electric pink? It looks like an Express 1mx that’s been thrown in the clearance section during their shop-the-box sales. Coulda softened it up a little. Or a lot.
- The Tie: Corduroy is so old-school that the nuclear pink shirt and the tie with the 80s yearbook photo lasers on it seems more than a little out of place.
- The Pocket Square: The corduroy does plenty of talking. The pocket square kinda gets in the way.
The Final Grades
From Dappered: 5.0 Can’t go lower just on the corduroy alone. If a softer pink could have been worked in, maybe with a tie on a white shirt, then it could have been something else. Points as always for the cut of the suit, as well as buttoning just one button. (Coach Cowher, take note. Don’t button both sir.) But in the end this feels half way. Like a 7 yard pass on 3rd and 18. Run a draw or take your shot.
From the Dappered Readers: 6.4 Lots of 7s and 8s, but lots of sub 5 scores too.
The Final Grade: 5.7 One of his lower scores so far, but still above Dan and Boomer.
Shannon Sharpe Style - Week 7
- 10 (5%, 19 Votes)
- 9 (7%, 27 Votes)
- 8 (20%, 75 Votes)
- 7 (25%, 93 Votes)
- 6 (14%, 52 Votes)
- 5 (6%, 24 Votes)
- 4 (12%, 43 Votes)
- 3 (7%, 27 Votes)
- 2 (1%, 5 Votes)
- 1 (2%, 8 Votes)
Total Voters: 373
Click here for previous weeks of the Shannon Sharpe Styleometer.