Shannon Sharpe Style Analysis: Week 3 – The Circus Tie
Shannon Sharpe has quietly become one of the best dressed men on sports television. Sometimes. Unlike his competition (looking at you slim solid tie all the time Jesse Palmer) Sharpe takes risks. Sometimes the risks work and sometimes they don’t. The styleometer below is how we’ll track and analyze the CBS analyst’s look. Ten is a a big win, zero is awful, and five is a forgettable “mneh.” 50% of the final grade will be the average score of your votes.
- The Cut of the Suit: As always, Shannon’s suit fits him well. He must have them custom made since #1 he can afford it, and #2 there’s not many off the rack suits that would fit him. Armholes are nice and high too.
- The Lapels have gotten slightly smaller: Still a peak, but they’re not quite as broad as last week.
- The Subtle pinstripe: Chalk stripe suits are the prevent defense of studio analyst’s wardrobes. Predictable and hardly ever the answer. This is a more subtle tonal looking pinstripe.
- The Shoes: Not sure if any of you caught the sit down segment the four former NFLers did with a standing JB, but Sharpe’s shoes looked to be cognac stunners that cost more that most of our monthly rent or mortgage payments.
- The Tie: Sonofa. Completely genuine question here: Is it a tie that signifies a children’s charity of some sort? It’s really, um… bright? Three colors is pushing it for a tie, even when the colors play well together. FOUR big and bold crayola style colors slapped on thick stripes is a lot. These are the risks he takes.
- The Lapels: Throw us a bone Shannon. Could we see a notch lapel? Just once?.
- The Shirt: Look to be the same not quite light blue from week one. Eh.
- The Pocket Square: This is tough because a white shirt and white pocket square looks great, but a blue on blue matched up combo can look costumey. The rule of thumb is to wear a pocket square that has some color that can also be found in your tie, yet it doesn’t match the tie completely (buying a packaged tie/pocket square set isn’t usually a good thing.) Shannon could have gone without the pocket square this week.
The Final Grades
From Dappered: 3.5 As soon as the pre-game came on I knew he was going to get throttled by you guys this week. But his style matches his personality. It’s not boring. Nor is it quiet. If most of us tried to wear that getup it’d look laughable. A 2 or worse on most of us. Still better than the four button chalk stripes most former players wear.
From the Dappered Readers: 5.34 You guys were much more kind to the tie.
The Final Grade: 4.4 Under “mneh” for this week.
Shannon Sharpe Style - Week 3
- 10 (1%, 2 Votes)
- 9 (5%, 12 Votes)
- 8 (7%, 17 Votes)
- 7 (12%, 29 Votes)
- 6 (18%, 43 Votes)
- 5 (22%, 51 Votes)
- 4 (21%, 50 Votes)
- 3 (7%, 17 Votes)
- 2 (5%, 11 Votes)
- 1 (1%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 235
Click here for previous weeks of the Shannon Sharpe Styleometer.