Shannon Sharpe Style Analysis: Week 1 – The Grey Peak Lapel
Shannon Sharpe has quietly become one of the best dressed men on sports television. Sometimes. Unlike his competition (looking at you slim solid tie all the time Jesse Palmer) Sharpe takes risks. Sometimes the risks work and sometimes they don’t. The styleometer below is how we’ll track and analyze the CBS analyst’s look. Ten is a a big win, zero is awful, and five is a forgettable “mneh.” 50% of the final grade will be the average score of your votes.
- The Color of the Suit: Seems like Dan, Boomer, and Bill Cowher are always stuck in dark if not black suits. Aside from their poofy pocket squares, they look downright congressional. Sharpe’s lighter grey is nails.
- The Button Stance: A two button (not three, not FOUR) that’s a touch lower than most? Nice.
- The Simple Tie and Tie Knot: A four in hand would be dwarfed by the spread collar and his shoulders. It looks to be a full Windsor, but it’s not outrageously big. It’s well proportioned (and smaller than Cowher’s)
- The Slim Watch and Cufflinks: Unobtrusive and subtle. This is as minimalist as it gets on Sports TV
- The Tie Bar & Crisp Pocket Square: Sharpe’s pulling out all the big guns this week.
- The Peak Lapels: What is it with former players who stay in shape that wear peaks? Peak lapels make you appear wider up top. Shannon doesn’t need the extra help. Hat tip to him for staying in shape though.
- The Collar Points: This is picky, but those points look like they’re starting to struggle. But these guys have been in the studio for probably 12 hours at this point.
- The Tie bar & Crisp Pocket Square: It’s both a strength & weakness. Between the American flag pin, lapel ribbon (which you’d certainly wear on a 9/11 broadcast,) the lavaliere mic, and tie bar / pocket square, there’s a lot going on there. Starting to look a little like ornaments on a Christmas tree.
The Final Grades
From Dappered: 8.5 Solid. Shannon starts the season off real strong.
From the Dappered Readers: 7.3 Lots of 7s and 8s from you guys in the audience.
The Final Grade: 7.9 Not a bad start. The question is, what does he have to do to get a 9?
Shannon Sharpe' Style - Week 1
- 10 (0%, 1 Votes)
- 9 (12%, 45 Votes)
- 8 (37%, 136 Votes)
- 7 (34%, 124 Votes)
- 6 (12%, 44 Votes)
- 5 (2%, 6 Votes)
- 4 (2%, 9 Votes)
- 3 (1%, 4 Votes)
- 2 (0%, 1 Votes)
- 1 (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 370