Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
The Picks: Depends on your size/width… so check the shoebank’s website.
Major discounts seem to be a little spotty on this one, but the selection of models is good. Lots of Daltons, Strands, Park Aves, Mora 2.0s, and other wheelhouse styles in just about every color imaginable (sometimes, even in a few shades of cordovan).
Highlights include the Mora 2.0 for $189 in black or bourbon, Flatirons (above) for $189, Neumoks in brown (a real nice, casual fall-shoe) for $149, and Daltons dipping under three bills. Remember, they are 2nds quality. More info here.
- Cotton Workwear Sportcoat – $141 ($188)
- Ludlow Cord Club Sportcoat – $148.50 ($198)
- Abingdon Travel Kit – $43.50 ($58)
- Bowery Slim or Classic Pant in Wool – $98 ($128)
The discounted items are strewn across the site, and there doesn’t seem to be one page to get a hold on em’ all. This is the first time to grab one of their new, casual, S/M/L/XL sized blazers on discount though. The one review for the workwear coat says the color isn’t accurate online. Got one on the way for an in-person. Speaking of new, it doesn’t get the discount, but, this right here. Awesome? Smurfy? Both? There are a ton of new arrivals to browse, but know that almost all DON’T get this current 25% off cut.
- Premium Cotton Trench - $90.30 ($129)
- Wool Blend Windowpane Trousers – $47.20 ($59)
- Leather Derby Ankle Boots – $59.96 ($79.95)
Got all that? Pretty sure they couldn’t have made it more complicated. Anyway, that trench might be one of the better looking things H&M has cranked out in a while, and it might be perfect for warmer climates. Keep in mind that a lot like their competitor, Zara, H&M stuff runs pretty skinny. Blazer tails can be downright chopped too. Shipping is a flat $5.95. Returns are $5.95 if you use their pre-paid label, and as of now you CAN’T return for free in store. Prices for picks reflect if you’re buying just one item individually. Keep in mind the thresholds. Say you’re getting those trousers, and the boots, use 2343 for 30% off. Codes expire today, 8/21.
The pick: Regular fit in color #68 – $39.90 ($49.90)
“ass-flattering jeans that would make my buttocks pop like a baby pumpkin.” And so began the review of UNIQLO’s regular fit denim in the dark blue color #68. Selvedge also available. Be warned: UNIQLO jeans run verrrry trim.
Still expensive even though it’s clearance… but then again, that’s Brooks Brothers. Liking that cable crew, and the fact that it’s a cotton wool blend. Beware though, Brooks Brothers sweaters can be extremely boxy.
Also worth a mention
- Sierra Trading Post: 20% off w/ ALPOOL4, or, 25% off $125, 30% off $200 with code ALAUG4.
- Woolovers: Free shipping worldwide w/ FREEWW. But know that their prices have gone up a bit ($44 for the fisherman’s crew) since BenR did the review back in June.
- YOOX: Extra 20% off select men’s items w/ SHOPPING20. But brace yourselves, the “selection” is about 9 million items long. Cripes.
- Jack Erwin: They just released their newest collection, featuring four new styles, all of which (in this new “Sullivan” collection) are Goodyear welted.
- Bonobos: Extra 40% off Final Sale items w/ BONVOYAGE. But no returns though.
- J. Crew Factory: Extra 30% off + Free shipping w/ TICKTOCK from 11am ET – 3PM ET today. Might not be a bad time to pick up a slim merino v-neck and save the $5 in flat rate shipping. Code drops them to $34.65, which is plenty fair.