Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
J. Crew: Extra 40% off Sale Items w/ SALEFUN (+ new additions)
- Filson Rugged Twill Brief in Navy/Otter Green – $155.99 FINAL ($275)
- Micro Houndstooth Cotton Sportcoat – $59.99 FINAL ($188)
- Billykirk Made in the USA Travel Kit – $65.99 FINAL ($155)
- Ludlow suit jacket & slim or classic pant in Japanese Seersucker – $255.60 (not final? Maybe?)
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…. well that’s a hell of a price on a Filson (don’t expect it to last long? UPDATE: It’s gone). Same goes for the sportcoat. The J. Crew site has that cotton sportcoat appearing much lighter than it really is. That’s about right in the pic shown above ^. Also, that’s a medium pre-tailoring, and it needed some work at the sides. Thicker than expected, but still a really good casual sportcoat. Especially for $60 (but it is final sale). Yes, it’s another J. Crew additional 40% off sale items code, but there’s a good chunk of new additions to the sale section. Just watch out for final sale.
- Spirit of St. Louis Quartz Chrono in White/Autumn Green – $199.99 ($245)
- Chocolate/Brown – $199.99 ($245)
- Midnight/Black – $199.99 ($245)
- White/Brown – $199.99 ($245)
This brand was launched via an indiegogo campaign that started a year ago, and it sure appears that they succeeded and are now at full production. These things run off Miyota Quartz chronograph movements, and the crystal is mineral instead of Sapphire, but man… look at em’. It appears they nailed the vintage dress-chrono look. Now being sold for just a hair under $200 via Huckberry (they of “Eliminator” fame). $4.95 to ship, and you can return it for original form of payment, but you are on the hook to pick up return shipping costs.
- White Slim Fit Stretch Poplin Shirt - $25.19 ($59.50)
- Woven Stretch Belt – $26.99 ($49.50)
- Partially Lined Tailored Fit Navy Cotton Blazer – $143.99 ($250)
- Adrian Double Monk Strap (in black) – $77.99 ($139.99)
- Silk/Linen V-neck Sweater – $30ish ($69.50)
- Performance Feeder Stripe Polo – $19.79 ($39.50)
Not quite as impressive as last weekend’s 40% off everything (no exclusions) / extra 50% off sale items promotion, but that was just flat out unheard of. An extra 40% off an already marked down item at BR is worth a spin. Their white stretch poplin is a great basic shirt, decent for layering under a light blazer for summer, or under a sweater for fall, and feedback has been positive on that patch pocket cotton sportcoat. Partially lined there, so that’s a big plus.
- Levi’s for BB Made in the USA Trucker Jacket - $84.15 ($198)
- Goodyear Welted Leather Moccasin Boots – $177.31 ($298)
- Italian made Suede Kiltie Tassel Loafer – $177.32 ($298)
- Diamond Quilted Blazer – $126.65 ($298)
- Made in the USA Slim Laptop Case – $177.31 ($298)
Nice of Brooks Brothers to throw the extra 15% off code ENJOY15 out into the web wilderness while their clearance section still has some good stuff in it. Sure, lots of it is autumn related, but fall will fall once again. Maybe. Here’s to hoping. Yes, the code does work on most everything on the site, not just clearance. But… c’mon now.
- White Seersucker Shirt in Standard or Slim – $36.00 ($88)
- Summerweight Purple Check Shirt – $43.50 ($78)
- Foundation Cotton/Linen Suit Jacket & Pant – $217.50 ($450)
- Straight Oxleys in Grey or Indigo, or Slim Oxleys in Grey or Indigo - $43.50 ($98)
It’s not easy to find a bright white seersucker shirt for a reasonable price (lookin’ at you J. Crew). But forty bucks with free shipping both ways? That’s doable. Meanwhile, there’s a few styles of their summer-appropriate foundation suit separates now down to the mid-low $200s. Code SPF25 expires today.
Sneak Peak: See selections from the sale in the Catalog here
Cardholders already have access, but for those of us who don’t have a Nordstrom card (Credit or Debit) we’re anxiously awaiting the launch of their outstanding anniversary sale tomorrow. It’s easily a top 3 sale of the year, and frankly, might be the best one out of em’ all. It’s not a clearance, (like the half-yearly) but instead a sale focused on just released goods for the upcoming season, as well as year-round favorites marked down to prices you just don’t see on Nordstrom (and often, anywhere else) for the rest of the year. Expect a full breakdown dark-and-early here on the site.
Also worth a mention
- Declaration Clothing: They’ve been kind enough to offer 20% off through the weekend with DAPPERED
- Lands’ Ends: 40% off their line of shoes, which drops their chukkas to $60
- Club Monaco: Extra 30% off Sale Styles w/ WANTMORE
- J. Crew Factory: Their Chino Suit Jacket (which works well as a cotton blazer) is down to $84.
- Amazon: Big hat tip to Ryan N. in the comments for pointing out that Amazon’s deal of the day is a selection of Timex Weekender Slip-thrus for $19.99.