Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Alden “Arthur” Unlined Suede Blucher – $263.40 ($508)
- L.B.M. 1911 Linen/Cotton Twill Jacket in Natural – $269.40 ($798)
- L.B.M. 1911 Linen/Cotton Twill Jacket in Tobacco – $269.40 ($798)
- Sperry Soft Boat Shoe – $41.40 ($80)
- L.B.M. 1911 Linen/Cotton Twill Jacket in Bone - $269.50 ($798)
- Haberdash “607″ Half Canvas Made-in-Montreal Suit Separates – $335ish ($696)
WARNING: ALL SALE ITEMS ARE FINAL. But… expect this stuff to go extremely fast. Limited sizes to start with, so don’t be surprised if stock on an item evaporates to just one or two extreme sizes quickly. L.B.M. 1911 has a great reputation, and their jackets show up in the likes of GQ and Esquire with quite a bit of consistency. Again, everything is final sale, but they’re actually encouraging guys to call the shop and ask questions about the sizing for shoes/suits/etc… number is: 312-624-8551 , and ask for TJ or Thomas. Shipping is free on orders of $150+. Sale runs through Monday, 7/14.
Big thanks to Thomas as well as Serge for the style tips on this one. They ain’t kidding around here, and make sure you keep an eye out for final sale items. They’re littered within the ranks. Meanwhile, may you have to use it sparingly, but the Black wool/poly Thompson might be a decent thing to have on hand for funerals.
The Obvious Pick: Slim Fit Linen Button Down – $55
No, not a “sale”, but Everlane doesn’t really do those things. But more than a few of us have grabbed an item here or there from Everlane, and have really enjoyed their work as well as their “radical transparency” directive. Side pleats on the back, all linen, and one hell of a good looking button down collar. Big fan of linen shirts that have a good button-down collar to them (as opposed to a wimpy, plain, collar-stay-free flop monster). Lots of potential here.
Can’t recall which men’s style-centric magazine those cord surf shorts showed up in recently, but they look pretty decent in person. Not your normal every-day-short. Meanwhile, terrific price on the seersucker Brunson blazer. Unlined too.
The Pick: BillyKirk for J. Crew Soft Briefcase – $174.99 ($388)
All right… they’ve upped the discount. The hell J. Crew. Well, if you didn’t get in on the Linen/Cotton Ludlow from the other day, there’s another 10% dangled in front of yer face (now down to $220). But remember, it’s final sale. So no returns. And we’re getting towards the end of this run of sale stock (or so it seems) so sizes are extra tight. Code TODAYONLY expires… you guessed it… today.
For those of us without a card: See selections from the sale in the Catalog here
Big thanks to Ritesh for passing along the catalog link. Even those of us non-cardholders can start drooling over a few select items via the catalog (like the Strands, which will be $239.90, and those 1000 Mile Wolverine “McClean” cap toes, which’ll go for $229.90.). A note: you’ll have to login with your card info for early access. If you aren’t a card member, and don’t login, you won’t see the prices just yet. You’ll have to wait until Friday the 18th.
- Peak Lapel Pinstripe Jacket & Pant in Wool – $455 ($650)
- Italian Linen/Cotton Jacket & Pant in Grey – $382.20 ($546)
Check your inbox. You might have gotten a private, one time use code for J. Crew’s once in a blue moon “ludlow “event. 30% off a selection of suits, that are almost always excluded from their other codes and promos. Man… that linen/cotton number in grey is pretty close to perfect.
- Tailored Fit Italian Wool Suit Jacket & Pant – $303 ($505)
- Tailored Fit Partially Lined Cotton Blazer – $119.99 ($250)
- Modern Slim (their slimmest) Gingham Wool Blazer – $102.99 ($225)
- Vintage-Straight Fit Stone Jean – $53.70 ($89.50)
- Modern Slim DB Cotton/Linen Blazer – $118.80 ($198) (how to wear it, here)
And an extra 50% off Sale Styles. Huh? They trying to get a jump on making some 3rd quarter sales goals or something? This just hasn’t happened in the last couple of years. Isn’t limited to just cardholders, it’s a basic code (not a one time use F&F or something) and the deal is decent. Might be a good time to pick up their navy tailored fit Italian wool suit. Yeah, it’s fused, but it’s as good as it gets for a fused suit. Extremely flexible. Fantastic fabric. And a trim but not tight off the rack fit. Lining is 59% viscose / 41% poly on the back, all poly on the sleeves, and is lined in cotton on the front. More coming up next week in a “10 Best Affordable Navy Suits” rundown.
UPDATE: Hat tip to Zach in the comments for noticing that cardholders can stack the $25 off $75 code JULY2014 with BRJULY.
Also worth a mention
- Ralph Lauren: Extra 30% off select sale items w/ SUNNY30
- Brooks Brothers: Their annual summer clearance is underway, featuring such items as I LIKE TURTLES.
- Also, CHOCOLATE RAIN
- UNIQLO: They have a major extra-secret covert sale going on.
- Charles Trywhitt: they’ve taken final reductions during their end of season sale.