Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Gant by Michael Bastian MB Herringbone Blazer – $271.88 ($725.00)
- Billy Reid Indianola Buffalo Leather Chukka – $207.38 ($395)
- Eastland Made in Maine Horween Leather Camp Mocs – $139.50 ($310)
- Filson Padded Briefcase – $202.13 ($385)
- Billy Reid Henley – $40.95 ($78)
- Kaweco Aluminum Sport Fountain Pen in Black or Silver – $43.05 ($82)
Think of East Dane as Amazon’s high-end designer clothing shop for dudes. Prices aren’t cheap, but with discounts like this one, a few splurge items drop into the attainable category.Free 3 day shipping, or, 2 day shipping if you’ve got Amazon Prime. Returns are free as well… as long as it’s not final sale. Man… that blazer. Wrong time of year for it, but, really digging the rectangular elbow patches and barely-there lining. European sizes on that one Code EXTRA25 expires today, 6/26.
- Emerson Vintage Straight Chino – $41.99 ($69.50)
- Tailored Fit Cotton Nautical Blue Sateen Blazer – $90.99 ($198)
- Vintage Straight Fit 5-pocket Pant in Grey – $33.59 ($89.50)
- Adrian Double Monk Strap – $69.99 ($139.99)
- Partially lined Tailored Fit Navy Cotton Blazer – $167.99 ($250)
Lots of guys have reported low arm holes on those Sateen Blazers (in nautical blue on the right). I, personally, don’t think they’re that bad at all. Size shown above is a 38R, but a 5’10” 180 frame is gonna need a 40. And speaking of blazers, the tailored fit navy cotton blazer over here looks like it’s got a bit of texture to the fabric? Seem to recall one or two of you fellas picking it up and having some feedback on it? NOTE: While it’s nice to see a big collection of goods (like blazers!) getting the chop in this sale, many of the items aren’t really much more than 40% off, since they’re marked down maybe $10-$15 to start. 40% off isn’t that uncommon for BR. So a nice deal, but not mind blowing.
Is there some “extra 20%” off sale items code lurking on the horizon? Who knows. UPDATE: Yep, they fired off the extra 20% off code SALESECRET on Friday morning.
- Ludlow Glen Plaid Italian Wool-linen peak lapel Jacket & Slim Pant –
Update: Despite the suit being on sale, and sale codes usually if not always applying to suiting in the past, this one doesn’t get the cut this time.
- MacAlister Suede Boots – $75.60 ($148)
- Short Sleeved Pieced Chambray Popover – $27.99 ($98)
- Unconstructed Ludlow Sportcoat in mini houndstooth – $111.99 ($188)
- Billykirk Padded Briefcase – $244.99 ($380)
A heads up about the Macalister boot in “Anchor Grey”. They’ve got a lot of brown tones to them in person. Less true/lighter grey than they appear on the J. Crew website, and more of the earthy color shown above.
It’s the shoe that out-shoes most other shoes. Is it a big discount? Nah. Not really. Do know that you should be able to pick up a pair of these, 2nds quality of course, for $179 through the Shoe Bank.
- Herringbone Linen/Cotton Sportcoat – $56.39
- Lightweight Chambray Bomber – $35.39 FINAL
- Bedford Pant in Chambray Blue – $22.19
- Charcoal Cotton Pique Thompson Suit Jacket + Pant = $88.79 Total
Under ninety bucks for a Thompson suit? Sure it’s in the charcoal cotton pique, so it’s not a wheel house suit like a wool navy, but still. But wait, they’re back to allowing codes on the Thompson suit separates? Interesting. Watch out for final sale items. Code expires today, 6/26
Also worth a mention
- Zara: Their summer sale is underway. But man, they’ve gotten a little weird… fast.
- Nordstrom: In case you missed it, their after-half-yearly markdowns have rolled in.
- Charles Tyrwhitt: Summer Sale = Shirts from $35 (most start at $39, and it doesn’t look like there’s free shipping right now?).
- Jack Spade: Extra 25% off sale items w/ OFFTHETOP. Drops their “foundation” canvas document brief to a final sale price of $59.25. No returns though.