Retailers really will use any excuse to run a sale. If memory serves, April Fool’s Day hasn’t been seen as a retail opportunity in the past, but it sure seems to be one this year. A good selection of sales have launched today, most of which are limited to the bounds of today’s most sophomoric of days. No kidding around here. It’s like a handful, w/out any danger of a buzzer hidden in the palm. Legitimate picks are below. Top Photo Credit
- Matthew Waxed Leather Oxford - $93.22 ($159)
- Pin Dot Polo – $26.26 ($44.50)
- Sweater Vest – $29.21 ($49.50)
- Tailored Slim-Fit (their slimmest) Non-Iron Pique Button-Down Shirt – $46.91 ($79.50)
- Silk/Linen V-Neck – $41.01 ($69.50)
41%? Ah. Get it? 4.1.14. IT’S A PALINDROME PARTY MONKEYHUFFERS! Usual exclusions apply though. So, no blazers or sportcoats or BR picks or that stuff. The Waxed Leather Oxford could be awesome, or, it could be dreadful. Tempting looking though. Might make for a sweet casual shoe to beat up, especially in that dark brown. And a sweater vest? Really? Yes really.
Heads up. Looks like after many months, Sierra Trading Post has restocked their Wolverine 1000 mile 2nds. They’re moving quick. Big thanks to MattFace on threads who caught this. Shipping can be steep, and remember that these are 2nds quality. More over here.
- Ludlow Houndstooth Suit Jacket + Pant in Italian Wool – $440.99 ($700)
- Slim Merino V – $38.49 – $47.60 ($78)
- Cashmere Socks – $41.99 ($69.50)
- Macalister Brickman Boots in Grey Suede – $89.60 or Leather – $96.60 ($148/$158)
Ooh. That ticket pocket. Most if not all sizes available at post time. Overall, sale section seems pretty picked over right now. Meanwhile, they’re also offering 25% off a section of “weekend ready” picks with the same code over here. Code doesn’t expire until 4/6.
The Hampton Duffle is a good size at 2100 cubic inches (21x10x10) and as always with Blue Claw, their goods are proudly made here in the USA. That Duck Island Dopp… sure looks similar to the one that was being offered in the Bespoke Post box back in May? Plenty of color options now though.
- Factory Slim Pocket Tee in Sea Stripe – $18.55 ($34.50)
- Sunwashed Oxford in Plaid – $20.29 ($59.50)
- SLIM Bedford Pant in Grey Chambray – $41.65 ($74.50)
- Bedford Pant in Blue Chambray – $36.75 ($74.50)
The free shipping no minimum is mega-key here, especially for those that happen to not live near a JCF Outlet brick and mortar. Is eighteen bucks a lot for a t-shirt? Yeah, especially when a lot of us get our tees at Target for ten bucks (or less). But this one is all cotton, comes in a real versatile blue on blue stripe, and the pocket is a welcome detail for plenty. Super soft too, and comes in their trim fit.
Worth the watch. Bravo to the folks at Bonobos for continuing to have fun. The ex-girlfriend bit is particularly well executed.
Also worth a mention
- Brooks Brothers: 15% off w/ BB15 at checkout
- Cole Haan: An addition 50% off Bags, Wallets, and Belts w/ NOJOKE
- GAP: 35% off w/ SAVE. Drops their new Seersucker Blazer (looks like it might be lined in cotton?) to $63.70.
- GiltCity: $75 for $145 at Ledbury.
- Lands’ End: 25% off everything w/ FLOWER20 & 1490