Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
Not a sale, but UNIQLO just added some 63% Linen / 37% Cotton (patterned styles are 65%/35%) blazers to their lineup. UNIQLO jackets tend to be short in the tail and long in the arms, but the arms are pretty easy to tailor thanks to non-functioning sleeve buttons. Just be aware that if you don’t like the shorter jacket look, then UNIQLO probably isn’t your place. Now, they SAY the lining is 100% poly, but they don’t look to be 100% lined. Got that? Can’t see any lining on the inner back from the pics online. So, they got that going for them. Which is nice.
It’s Amazon’s Blu-Ray deal of the week, and it’s a doozy. Usually a whopping $300, Amazon has the 23 Bond films on Blu-Ray, including Skyfall, marked down to a more attainable $120. To quote Kerim Bey, Head of Station T: “Charming. CHARMING!”
- Comer 628 Straight Fit or 608 Slim Fit Chino - $14.99 – $43.50
- 5-Pocket 608 Slim Cone Denim Canvas Indigo Pants – $52.49 ($98)
- “Ultimate Hiker” Boots - $29.99 ($139)
- Suede Belt – $18.74 ($39.99)
Some of those 628 / 608 chinos are reg. price, but there’s plenty of colors marked way down. The “Umber” brown shown above clocks in at $18.74 after the code + pin are applied. Indigo 5-Pockets are made here in the states. As always, Allen Edmonds are excluded from these promos, and free shipping doesn’t kick in until after you’ve applied the code and end up over $50.
- Thompson Sportcoat in Navy Herringbone Linen/Cotton – $131.50 ($188)
- Slim Bedford Pant in Grey Chambray – $52.00 ($74.50)
Don’t underestimate the usefulness of a navy linen blend sportcoat. Should go great with jeans, and for a summer evening party, just wear em’ with those chambray pants. Description does say the jacket is “fully lined”. Dang. Hopefully it’s not lined fully in polyester? Twice as expensive as the UNIQLO option too. But despite being shorter, Thompson sportcoats don’t seem to be quite as chopped as UNIQLOs. Prices are as marked online. No code necessary. Thinkin’ these should drop more with codes and other promos if you’re patient. Still, got the blazer on the way for an in person.
- Park Avenue in Walnut Grain Calf – $181.60($335)
- Hale in Black Calf – $189.60 ($345)
- Neumora Double Monk in Black – $197.60 ($345)
- Elgin Cap Toe Oxfords in Saddle Waxy Leather – $157.60 ($295)
Nothing like Fifth Ave’s, Strands, or Daltons in clearance, but someone could knock out a high quality, basic dress shoe collection, for a nicely affordable price with this sale. The Black Hale and Grain leather Park Ave. can easily be a guy’s dress shoe foundation. Both are just different enough, without getting too weird. And the less-than-Nordstrom Rack (or $199 2nds outlet sale) prices are terrific. Even more picks over here. Seemed like the Hale was all but sold out for the last month or two, but they’ve now opened it back up to all sizes? Just gotta be patient and wait 8 weeks for them to make your shoes. No code needed with the discount happening at checkout. Sale ends 2/24/14.
Jumped over to the Suitsupply online outlet website yesterday (good to check in every once in a while), and the message had changed. Gone was the SUITSUPPLY OUTLET CLOSED digital placard, and instead, the above had replaced it. Final 48 hours to access our outlet? Closes on Friday at 10:00? Code EARLYACCESS still works, but there’s nothing in there except for a pair of cords and a bag. Could be a glitch, could be rumblings of something to come? UPDATE: Looks like they’re back to the previous “Outlet Closed” screen.
Also worth a mention
- DSW: As mentioned yesterday, they’re running a tiered code: SHOEME is good for $10 off $69, $25 off $139, and $40 off $199. Expires today, 2/20/14.
- Amazon: 20% off Select Shoes w/ SHOEPRES. Code expires today, 2/20/24.
- Sak’s Off 5th: “Up to” Extra 50% off site wide & free shipping w/ SHIP75
- Original Penguin: Extra 40% off Sale Items w/ OPSALE40