Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
This is a bit of an anomaly. Usually when BR runs codes, blazers + suit jackets are almost always excluded. And, those codes usually top out at around 40% off, with 30-35% off being the norm. This is a “select items” sale, but half off is half off and there’s some solid stuff in here. Worth a Sunday spin. Code expires 12/15/13.
- Red Wing Heritage Round Toe Suede (2nds) – $127.73 ($280)
- Red Wing Heritage Navy Leather Moc Boots – $114.08 ($250)
- Bertucci B1-T Titanium Watch – $63.02 ($149.99)
- Aston Leather Merino Sheepskin Hat – $61.72 ($149.50)
Seems like STP has transitioned from Wolverine 1k 2nds, to Red Wing 2nds. Not a bad deal at all for Made in the USA, tough, casual boots. Code appears to be good through today.
The Pick: “Chesterfield” Topcoat – $79.90 ($99)
Not warm, but awfully good looking. Pictured here ^ is last year’s version, but by the reviews already left, it hasn’t changed much. Great cut, thin but strong feeling 70% wool fabric, and easy to slip over a suit jacket or blazer.
And on the opposite end of the price spectrum from UNIQLO… it’s Billy Reid. Not cheap. Quite the opposite. But extremely well made and great looking stuff from one of America’s premier designers. Card Case is made here in the USA. The Astor Coat (and it’s DB brother, the Bowery) are cut from super soft wool. Ticket pocket on this one with a versatile subtle plaid. Buffalo horn buttons. Leather underlining to the collar. Made in Italy.
- Ludlow Suit in Glen Plaid English Wool – $413.00 ($678)
- Ludlow Elbow Patch Sportcoat in Tweed – $194.60 ($348)
- Ludlow Harvest Herringbone Sportcoat – $195.99 ($328)
- Unconstructed Ludlow Navy Fine Stripe Twill Sportcoat – $131.60 ($188)
- Lambswool Stripe Scarf – $41.65 ($59.50)
- Cashmere Knit Cap – $40.60 ($68)
Well, looks like J. Crew is after our money, hard, this holiday season. Almost perpetual sales & codes, and now they’re even allowing this 30% off code to work on select Ludlow suits. That’s not without precedent, but it is rare. The free shipping no minimum is nice too. Meanwhile, you have to wonder if J. Crew might have gotten the hint that pricing their blazers in the $350 – $500 range was a little too steep for most of us. Two of their English Wool Blazers have been reduced to $280ish, and with the code, they drop to around $190.
25% off whatever RL decided to be “top gifts”. So how precisely did they decide what was a “top gift” and what was not? Who knows. But at least everything is shipping free for a limited time.
The only “sale” here is on-sale. Jack Erwin just released their next shoe. And despite being decidely un-wintery, it’s awfully tempting at under a hundred bucks. Made in Portugal, three shades o’ suede, and maybe a nice splurge gift along with detailing for the fella who just got a new ride. Spring. It’ll happen. More on Jack Erwin over here.
Also worth a mention
- Bonobos: Another must-spend tiered sale: 25% off $150+ w/ NICE25 & 30% off $250 w/ NAUGHTY30
- Piperlime: 30% off site wide w/ GIFTS
- Brooks Brothers: 20% off w/ 5% of net sales being donated to St. Jude’s.
- J. Crew Factory: Their site is 50% off and the code 12DAYS knocks another 10% off on top of that.
- Lord & Taylor: 25% off almost everything w/ FRIENDS. Drops the rectangular case Bulova automatic to $211.
- Rue La La: Their just-launched Brooks Brothers Sale is worth a look.
- Club Monaco: Take an extra 30% off sale items w/ HAPPY30