Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
- Barneys New York Quilted Jacket – $129.50 ($495)
- Barneys Made In Italy Two-Eyed Chukka in tan suede or grey suede – $69.50 ($275)
- Bric’s 21″ Rolling Carry On Duffel – $104.50 ($425)
- Connor Wild West Stationery Set – $25.20 ($100)
- Ray Ban Clubmasters – $72.50 ($145)
- Barneys Micro Pattern Tie – $39.50 ($145)
No returns here, but those Two-Eyed Chukkas are at a pretty fantastic price. Also, these grey suedes from yesterday’s post are still kicking around in plenty of sizes. Looks like they’re offering free shipping no minimum at post time.
The Pick: Slim Fit Fine Blue Twill – $82.25 ($115)
Ledbury is NOT cheap… but they make some fantastic shirts. And their second button is lowered just a bit. Hits that sweet spot if you’re going tieless. A warning: Sleeves run long, and they do ding you $10 to shorten them. Kinda stinks, but, the Blue Fine Twill is outstanding. Made in Poland. Nice of them to kick in the expedited shipping.
The Picks: Velvet Peak Tux-Style Blazer – $184.80 ($328), Cashmere Crew – $89.99 ($225), Broadmoor quilted vest – $59.99 ($138), Slim Merino V- Neck – $43.80 – $35.99 ($78), Slim Flannel Manjamas – $41.70 ($79.50), Grey English Tweed Blazer – $166.80 ($348)
Anyone else getting/have had for weeks J. Crew sale fatigue? What’s gonna happen when they get into the new year and don’t run sales all the time? Maybe they’ll just keep on keepin’ on, but it feels like this extended 30% off site wide thing has been a during-the-holidays-only kinda deal. (UPDATE: They bumped this to 40% off sale items overnight, all picks above are sale, and those are some awfully good prices) And you’d expect at least a handful of new arrivals (blazers perhaps?) to start trickling in after the new year. Speaking of, that velvet peak lapel is quite the evening jacket for a New Year’s Eve. Still wish these hadn’t sold out so fast. The free shipping no minimum offer ends today, 12/19/13, so… last chance (for awhile, one would think) to pickup a slim sweater (especially at 40% off) and get it delivered for free since there’s no threshold right now. Also, for those who have a tradition of gifting new pajamas on Christmas Eve… there’s these.
The Tyndall Cap Toe and Chelsea have gone for less, but $130 seems like a fair price. Also worth a good strong look are the Goodyear Welted options, now just under $200. Water resistant Chocolate Suede? Nice.
- Washed Chino Blazer in Burgundy – $75.60 ($198)
- Fleetwood Shawl Collar in Navy or Green – $47.60 ($98)
- Washed Chino Blazer in Forrest Green – $75.60 ($198)
- Nottingham Navy Tweed Blazer – $138.60 ($368)
Sometimes Bonobos runs extra % off their sale section events and there’s not a lot to choose from. Doesn’t seem to be the case this time. Certainly worth browsing if you’re a Bonobosite. Bonobosian? Anyway, yeah, as many have pointed out, their chino blazers sure look pretty chopped, but at this price, with their easy returns, might be worth a shot.
THE REMINDER Nordstrom’s Half-Yearly Launches 12/26
Just a heads up. Nordstrom’s next Half-Yearly sale for Men launches on the day after Christmas. Expect a run-down w/ picks here ASAP on 12/26. Nordstrom just doesn’t do sales that often. It’s not as good as their annual Anniversary Sale. The Half-Yearly’s are more of a clearance event, but they’re almost always stacked with more than a few good options. Plus, it’s Nordstrom, so everything ships and returns free.
If you’re struggling, badly, to come up with something sparkly for the woman in your life… and you’re on a bit of a budget but can go more than a hundred bucks, then strongly consider this. Lots of bang-for-the-buck here. Impeccable style. Not too dressy, but dressy. And it’s Tiffany, so, there’s that. Just be careful. If she might be expecting a ring of some sort this year, any piece of jewelry NOT of that type could be a disappointment.
Also worth a mention
- Club Monaco: They’re running a spend to save sale with pretty high thresholds: Spend $200 get $50, Spend $300 get $75, Spend $400 get $125 w/ code SPEND2SAVE. Might be worth taking a spin through their “Brands we love” section.
- Express: 50% off… everything. The entire site.
- Ralph Lauren: Extra 25% off Select Sale Items, prices are as shown on the site.
- Cole Haan: Extra 30% off sale items w/ NEWYEAR
- J. Crew Factory: Their site is 50% off and clearance is an extra 25% off w/ SALE25
- Jack Spade: 25% off all Bags & Wallets w/ 25BAGS