Used to be that retail analysts would dismiss Cyber Monday as little more than a joke compared to the in-store Black Friday holiday onslaught. Times have changed. So much so that a good chunk of us (under the age of almost-dead) do our Black Friday shopping online. Cyber Monday is just a bonus, with sometimes slightly different and potentially better offers for the web savvy crowd (such as free shipping no minimum deals). Expect this post to be updated throughout the day.
- John W. Nordstrom Trim Fit Dress Shirt in Light Blue – $59.90 ($89.50)
- Randolph Engineering USA Made 57mm Aviator Sunglasses - $104.90 ($159)
- Jack Spade Davis Leather Brief – $284.75 ($425) (update: this is cheaper over at Zappos. Thanks Andrew in the comments for the tip…)
- Bonobos OCBD in solid white, blue, or blue stripe – $36.58 ($78)
- Cole Haan Howland Penny Driver – $98.90 ($148)
Nordstrom finally jumped into the Black Friday Fray this year, and they’re following up with Cyber Monday today. A much wider selection compared to Black Friday (1300 items today), although some items appear to have been in the sale section before today, at the same prices. Everything ships and returns free. The JWN Dress shirt sure appears to be a new addition though, and while not mega cheap nor super slim, it’s an extremely solid buy at sixty bucks. Perfect collar, great fabric… these things are about as good as it gets before you splurge on something custom. For a shirt that’s more casual, try the Bonobos OCBD… sizes are slightly limited, but they’re cheaper through Nordstrom than at Bonobos. Speaking of…
- Bonobos Made in the USA Travel Jeans – $68.60 ($98)
- Bonobos Navy Washed Chino Blazer – $103.60 ($198)
- Bonobos Washed Chinos (say, in Burnt Orange) – $61.60 ($88)
- Peel Street Dot Popover in Slim – $68.60 ($98)
- Grenson Tyler Medallion Toe Blucher – $241.50 ($345)
- Oak Street Bootmakers Trench Boot in Peanut Suede – $311.50 ($445)
There we are. 30% off no minimum, with a bunch of other deals like 50% off all merino crewnecks, 50% off their cashmere v-necks, and 40% off much of their suiting. The Black Friday deal had a pretty high minimum spend threshold. If you’re not quite sure what the fuss is all about with Bonobos, now’s a good time to take a pair of their pants for a spin. Like their outstanding, made in the USA Travel Jeans. Now even with the 30% off, these aren’t Target or Kohl’s prices by any stretch. But Bonobos has quite the following for good reason. As always, free shipping and free & easy returns.
- Ernest Alexander 13″ Made in the USA Brief – $221.25 ($295)
- Wolverine 1000 Mile in Brown - $245 ($350) or Addison Wingtip in Tan - $259 ($370)
- Rancourt Chukka – $213.75 ($285)
- Persol “retro” sunglasses – $217 ($310)
Looks like the code is good for 3rd Party merchandise as well. Excellent of them to allow that. Minimum spend threshold is pretty high, so that’s why the picks are on the splurge level. Briefcase + boots are made in the USA. Sunglasses are made in Italy.
- Mercanti Fiorentini Medallion Toe Double Monk – $119.95 ($149)
- Mike Konos Cap Toe Oxford - $129.95 ($159.95)
- Aston Grey Boyd – $94.95 ($109.95)
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Winchester Wingtip Boot - $149.95 ($179.95)
This is one of DSW’s tiered sales, so you’ll have to sign up for their email list to use the code. But once you’re signed up, you can also used the code SHIPR for free shipping. It’s the perfect time to pick up a pair of budget, yet still well made (even though they’re glued) Italian Dress shoes… or… well their snot-kickers, but man, those 1000 milers are tempting. Know that this model from the 1k line is “imported” and not made in the USA.
- Slim Merino V-Neck or Crew – $54.60 ($78.80)
- Lambswool Shawl Henley Sweater – $45.50 ($75)
- Cashmere Scarf in Camel – $61.60 ($98)
- Lambswool Beanie - $27.65 ($48)
Free shipping no minimum = Extra nice for those of us with J. Crew Brick & Mortar stores nearby that don’t carry their entire line (like, slim sweaters, cashmere accessories, suiting, etc…). One slim Merino V-neck or crew-neck sweater is still $55, but a sweater that fits perfectly is worth that extra cost. Lambswool shawl collar is already on sale, as is the cashmere scarf. And while the $5 flat rate shipping isn’t absurd, it is nice to not see that show up at checkout… for at least today.
- B.R. Nautical Stripe Waffle-Knit Crew – $26.70 ($44.50)
- B.R. Colorblock Waffle Crew – $26.70 ($44.50)
- B.R. Tailored Slim Fit Soft Wash Button down – $23.99 ($59.50)
Usual Exclusions again (blazers, suit jackets, BR Picks…) BUT… BR’s newish thermals are worth a look. Don’t be afraid to layer these over a well worn OCBD or a Chambray button up. Just because it has a thermal pattern doesn’t mean it’s long underwear. It’s casual, sure, but much better looking than a worn out hoodie. Code is also good for 30% off at Old Navy as well as Piperlime.
- The Men’s Store at Bloomingdale’s Cashmere V-Neck Sweater – $112.50 ($250)
- The Men’s Store at Bloomingdale’s Made in Italy Leather Chukkas - $109.69 ($195)
Bloomingdale’s isn’t what most of us would consider affordable. BUT… their house line, “The Men’s Store at Bloomingdale’s” is awfully well respected. And digging around in their sale section might be worthwhile, since you can apply the 25% discount to almost all already marked down merchandise. Cashmere is cashmere, so, it’ll still be expensive, but those Italian made Chukkas look solid for a hundred bucks.
Express is up there with Brooks Brothers when it comes to pricey shipping, so for a one-off purchase like a sweater, 40% off + free shipping is most likely going to be a better deal than Friday’s 50% off offer. But as of post time, it looks like the Express website is pretty cleaned out. Not a lot of sizes left in anything.
- Cole Haan Men’s Lenox Hill Cap Blucher – $97.02 ($198)
- To Boot New York Men’s Wingtip Boot – $207.38 ($395)
- Johnston & Murphy Men’s Tyndall Single Monk – $108.47 ($154.95)
Eh…. selection is pretty weak on this one. A few nice + plain basics to pick from, and if you’re looking for something a little sleeker than the Allen Edmonds Dalton then there’s the TBNY option above… but otherwise, probably not worth it for most.
- The Standard Memorandum Annual Journal & Leather Cover – $38.25 ($45)
- Colt .45 Cufflinks – $20.39 ($23.99)
- Lemonball Baseball - $34.00 ($40)
Looking forward to using this once the new year gets underway. Via Word Notebooks. The Cliffs Notes version of… your life. A few lines a day and you’ve got a record of who and what you were. Don’t forget to have the leather cover monogrammed (no extra charge for that). Made in the USA.
Many thanks to uvalaw2005 for mentioning in the comments over here that Crown and Buckle is running a fat 40% off all of their straps and extras sale.
See… but the “sale” prices have since gone up, so even with the code, stuff like the Stafford Camel Hair Sportcoat actually costs more today ($80) than it had been priced at in recent memory ($63.99). Still a heck of a blazer for eighty bucks.
Free shipping no minimum at Brooks Brothers is pretty rare. So even though the overall discount (10%) isn’t that much, keep in mind that shipping at BB is steep. If you’ve had your eye on something on the small-side, price wise today’s not a bad day to make the leap.
Oooh. That Horween Maroon / Burgundy shade. Giggity. Free shipping no minimum through today too.
Everything on the CH site is already marked down to 30% off, but one item (your highest price) gets the extra 10% at checkout.
Big ol’ hat tip to Ray in the comments. The Beckmans didn’t get the cut on Black Friday because they were already on sale. Now? 25% off drops them to $224.25.
And… others worth mentioning + ongoing deals from last week
- UNIQLO: $1 Socks, $49.90 Cashmere sweaters, and $14.90 Reg. Fit OCBDS
- J. Crew Factory: 50% off + free shipping no min w/ GOSHOP
- LastCall: 40% off Site Wide (drops these suede Magnannis to $167, & these J.D. Fisk Suede Derbys to $59)
- Massimo Dutti: 20% off All Apparel and Accessories
- Christopher Ward: 15% off everything w/ MEGA15
- form•function•form: 20% off w/ givingallaround (w/ 20% of sales until 12/11 going to the Orlando Salvation Army’s “Angel Tree” program.)
- Blue Claw Co: 25% off w/ holiday
- Billy Reid: 20% off Site Wide w/ CYBER20
- Jack Spade: 30% off Site Wide w/ CYBER30
Expect updates throughout the day. What else? Hit the comments section if you’ve got leads on other Dappered-related Cyber Monday deals.