Sales that deserve some attention heading into the weekend, or sometimes, a bit earlier. Might not be some massive once a year event, but still worth a look. Those are what make up these handfuls. Expect these things when necessary. Five of the better sales, one for each finger, are below. Included are a few picks worth pointing out.
The Picks: Tailored Fit Black Cord Blazer – $149 ($198), Modern Fit (slimmest fit) Wool Blackwatch Navy – $179 ($250), Tailored Fit Cotton Blazer – $135 IF you have a card ($225)
Banana Republic shut the code faucet off for their blazers a lonnnnng time ago. It’s been awhile since a code could actually be applied to blazers, suit jackets, or “BR Picks”, since those dang things are always excluded in the fine print. But not this time. If you’ve got a Banana Republic, GAP, or Old Navy credit card, the code BRCARD knocks 40% off full priced merchandise with almost no exclusions. But that’s the key. It has to be full price. And that’s actually good for non cardmembers. Banana Republic has launched a pre-emptive sale strike on their blazers, marking most of them down by 25%-30%. That way, the 40% off code for cardmembers can’t be used. Limits the 40% off damage. Smart. Bad for Cardmembers, good for everyone else. If you are a cardmember, note that there are a few blazers that remain at full price, so the code works on them. Solid price on that black cord blazer, which is a great alternative to velvet.
Even with 30% off, Brooks Brothers suiting and sportcoats are still awfully spendy for most of us. BUT, with that said… keep an eye on Brooks Brothers over the next few days. They always do 30% – 40% off different categories. One of which is almost always accessories. That’s a huge price cut on their expensive yet oustanding snap cufflinks, as well as their Filson gear if it’s up for the discount. Here’s what happened last year… no idea if it’ll be the same this year.
Remember when J. Crew wasn’t always running some kind of promotion? Those days are gone. But that’s good if you’re willing to play the game. Nice to see the slim merino V-necks in a bunch of standard colors hit the sale section.
Don’t get spooked by the “dark denim” name for that blazer’s color… it’s still washed chino. And it’s not even that dark of a blue for denim. It’s more of a true blue, and could be worn with… wait for it… dark denim.
Just sizes 7.5, 8, 8.5, and 9 at post time in the Heritage 9105 round toe. 8, 9, 10, 11, and 13 for the Chukka. 2nds quality, but c’mon. A hundred bucks for a pair of Red Wings? Nuts. ALNOV3 is good for 25% off $125+. Check the STP facebook page. They’re running a 30% off no minimum code if you jump through some hoops.
- Strand in Brown, Black, or Walnut - $258.75 ($345)
- Park Ave. in Brown, Merlot, or Black - $258.75 ($345)
- McAllister Wingtip in Merlot, Walnut, or Black - $258.75 ($345)
- Dalton in Burnished Walnut - $296.25 ($395)
- Vernon in Black - $258.75 ($345)
Well that’s a nice surprise. Doesn’t look like this is Nordstrom price-matching an Allen Edmonds sale, but instead, they’re running their own 15%-25% off sale through Monday 12/7. And don’t sleep on the Vernon in Black. Just enough “weird” to keep a black shoe interesting. Big fan of the McAllister wingtip in merlot. Free shipping & Free Returns as always through Nordstrom. Many thanks to Jay I. and Matt for the style tips on the AE / Nordstrom Sale…
Also worth a mention
- Gilt: They launched a Jack Spade sale today.
- Nordstrom: Their Designer Clearance event is underway. Y’know, in case you want to sped $150 on a Dopp kit.
- J. Crew Factory: Prices are marked down 40% – 60% off and you can get an extra 15% off + free shipping w/12DAYS through tomorrow 12/6.
- Macy’s: Friends and Family = 25% off (with lots of exclusions) w/ code FRIEND
- J. Crew has Launched a 30% off select items event. Redwings, the Filson Brief in Navy, and more are 30% off with the code PRESENTS. Many thanks to Sterling R. for the tip.