Club Monaco + Refinery29 = Spend $50 get $100 voucher
This is another one of those groupon-like deals. Refinery 29 is a site that covers all things fashion for women. News, deals, how-to articles, etc. And they also sell deals like this one. Understandably, they’ll let us fellas spend our hard earned cash with them, so there’s no need to worry about just which type of gamete you happen to produce.
There are some hoops to jump through. So before the picks, here’s how this all should shake down:
- You do have to join up as a Refinery29 memeber to make the voucher purchase, but all that requires is a simple email address sign up.
- Customers are limited to buying two vouchers, and can only use one per purchase.
- Once you but the voucher, they send you an email with a code for use on the Club Monaco site. Simple.
- Vouchers “Expire” on 2/28/13. After that date, they’re not good for $100 anymore, but instead they’re good for the purchase price of $50.
- Offer is only valid in the USA. Which is interesting, being that Club Monaco started in Canada.
- And finally, and this is the big one… It appears you have to put more than $100 worth of goods in your cart to use the voucher. It won’t work on $99.99. You have to trip that $100 threshold.
Sydney Cord Blazer in Grey – $79.00 ($189.50)
Already on sale for $129, the $50 for $100 voucher then takes an extra fifty bucks off. Eighty bucks (plus free upgraded shipping for a limited time) is pretty unheard of for what should be a nicely fitted cord blazer in as versatile of a color as it gets. J. Crew has yet to make a cord blazer in grey this season. Which is too bad, because last year’s was terrific. Patch pockets on this one. Center vent. Self Fabric elbow patches. Does look like the sleeve buttons are functional on this one. NOTE: It’ll say your order total is $29 at checkout, but remember you already spent $50 to get the voucher.
Ray-Ban Caravan – $80.00 ($130)
Fifty bucks off a pair of Caravans? Not bad. These aren’t on sale like the CM Cord Blazer, but they are already over $100. So, you use your $50 for $100 voucher on the first hundred bucks, then pick up the last $30 on your own.
Roving Wool V-Neck + Charles Dot Tie = $58.00 total w/ voucher.
The V-Neck in brown is on sale, as is this made in Italy 3″ wide tie. Buying both items sets the total pre-voucher at $108, which trips the threshold. Use the voucher and save $50.
Wood & Faulk Key Carry + Merino V Sweater = $54.00 total w/ voucher
Club Monaco V-necks dip a little lower at the collar, so be aware. Good for Wood & Faulk for having some of their goods carried by such a big brand like Club Monaco. Sure that keychain is expensive (what is it, expensive key chain day here?) but it’s made in the USA and should last forever. If you’re loaded up on Merino V-necks and want another sweater option, their wool crewnecks are on sale for the same price ($59) and will also land you at $104 before you use that $50 for $100 voucher
A total splurge, but it’s not every day that you can save fifty bucks on a pair of Wolverine 1000 mile boots. Made in the USA, durable as all hell (hence the 1000 mile part) and more than a bit of a legend.
As good as it gets price-wise for the Clarks Original Desert. Also available in blue.
Slim Fit Oxford + PRO-Keds Royal Sneaker = $59.50 total w/ voucher
Under sixty shipped for a slim fit striped OCBD and a pair of go-to sneakers. Not bad if you could use both. Shirt is obviously ready to wear & layer now, and the shoes might be reserved for in the house and quick trips until spring rolls around.
Looks like these vouchers are available for purchase through Wednesday 11/28/12. No word on when Club Monaco’s free upgraded shipping promotion comes to an end.