3rd Presidential Debate – Monday 10/22/12 at 9pm ET
Full honesty, these political event drinking games are totally played out. Doesn’t mean they can’t be fun. Obligatory Disclaimer: Not our fault if you get hammered and sick. Your liver is your business, so drink responsibly.
The Rules: Similar to other drinking games. ”1 Drink” means a decent sip/pull off a beer, not an entire beer, glass of wine, or shot. “Candidate” refers to either Obama or Romney, meaning both men could instigate a separate drink.
- Candidate wears a tie the opposite color of his party (Obama in red, Romney in blue) 1 drink
- Candidate wears a tie that isn’t red or blue (ex: pink) 2 drinks
- Candidate wears peak instead of notch lapels – 2 drinks
- …shawl collar? – 2 Martinis. Shaken or Stirred.
- Candidate has no definitive tie dimple – 1 drink
- Candidate fails to show consistent, noticeable shirt-cuff during debate - 1 drink
- Candidate’s shirt is something other than a plain white dress shirt – 2 drinks
- Candidate is wearing a pocket square – 2 drinks
- Candidate wears a 3-button suit instead of a 2-button – 3 drinks
- Candidate pulls out reading glasses - drain your glass
- Candidate skips black shoes and wears dark brown: 1 oz of good Bourbon
- … or wears cognac laceups: Pass the Courvoisie.
- Candidate neglects to wear a flag pin – Shake fist, crank Lee Greenwood, drink a Budweiser and ignore the fact that they’re now Belgian. (And Miller is British.)
- Mention of the Made in China US Olympic Uniforms - Tsingtao!
- Lock of Romney’s hair falls out of place and comes down over his forehead – 2 drinks.
- Obama checks his watch – He’s impatient, you’re impatient with a beer. Shotgun it.
- Moderator Bob Schieffer layers with a V-neck – Hot Toddy time
- Schieffer channels Charles Osgood and wears a bow tie – Shot
- Audience member is wearing short sleeves - Sip of a Mojitto
- Audience member is wearing shorts – Drink an entire Bud Light Lime
- Candidate adjusts necktie – 1 drink
- Candidate unbuttons suit jacket – 1 drink
- Candidate removes necktie, jacket, and rolls up sleeves – Finish your drink. S#*t’s about to get real.
The 3rd Presidential debate is tonight, 10/22/12, at 9 ET. Let’s not debate politics in the comments here.