Shannon Sharpe Style Analysis: Week 11 – Sharp Shannon & Nuclear Plaid Arian Foster
Shannon Sharpe has quietly become one of the best dressed men on sports television. Sometimes. Unlike his competition (looking at you slim solid tie all the time Jesse Palmer) Sharpe takes risks. Sometimes the risks work and sometimes they don’t. The styleometer below is how we’ll track and analyze the CBS analyst’s look. Ten is a a big win, zero is awful, and five is a forgettable “mneh.” 50% of the final grade will be the average score of your votes.
It was a good week for this kind of thing…
Sports personalities. Not all of them dress like Bill Belichick. David Beckham picks up the aging soccer star parting gift that is the MLS Cup, then on Monday he appeared on Sports Center in a suit so sharp it cuts the diamonds that cut diamonds. Even had the LA Galaxy patch going (c’mon, obligations right?) The day before, Shannon Sharpe and Texans running back Arian Foster went lapel to lapel in an on-air style battle for the ages. Here’s the weekly breakdown of Shannon’s look, with a follow up on Mr. Foster after…
- The Color of his Suit: Going light not just after Labor Day, but the weekend before Thanksgiving? Not everyone can pull it off, but Shannon absolutely can.
- The Button Stance: This needs to be mentioned more. Compared to the rest of the guys at the table, Shannon’s lower button stance, as always, looks incredible.
- The Suit Fit: Looks great as usual. No complaints here.
- The Shirt and Tie: Purple-ish. Is this the same setup from Week 4? If it is, it looks much better this time around. Especially the tie, with the slimmer more proportional knot.
- The Pocket Square: Not poofy, not spilling over, just a nice crisp quarter to half inch showing.
- The Tie Bar & its location: Simple tie bar, and a good modern location. Higher, but not too high.
- The Twitter Contest: Shannon asked his twitter followers to guess his Suit, Shirt, and Tie maker. Correct answer was Suit – RL Purple Label, Shirt & Tie – Tom Ford, and for kicks the tie bar was Tiffany, the watch was Cartier. The man likes clothes.
- The Twitter Contest Prize: The prize for guessing all three correctly was an autographed photo (c’mon ShaNNON! What about the tie bar?)
The Final Grades
From Dappered: 10.0 And he sticks the landing. Literally gave him a standing ovation when the pre-game came on.
And about Arian Foster… It’s a good thing Shannon didn’t go too loud with pattern this week. Because with Foster on his right, and Shannon on his left, Bill Cowher could have gotten a migraine sitting in between. Shannon let his lighter colored suit do the talking, while ARIAN’S JACKET DID THE SHOUTING. Good heavens that’s loud. What’ll get lost is how terrific the black knit tie and camel v-neck go together. You can’t ignore it and a jacket like that takes undeniable guts to pull off. But did he pull it off to the point of outdoing Shannon? Vote on Shannon’s look and the head to head below.
From the Dappered Readers: 9.6 Yep. He nailed it this week.
The Final Grade: 9.8 Or, we could just round up and give him the perfect 10. Well done.
Shannon Sharpe's Style - Week 11
- 10 (52%, 107 Votes)
- 9 (36%, 73 Votes)
- 8 (13%, 26 Votes)
- 7 (1%, 3 Votes)
- 6 (0%, 0 Votes)
- 5 (0%, 1 Votes)
- 4 (0%, 0 Votes)
- 3 (0%, 0 Votes)
- 2 (0%, 0 Votes)
- 1 (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 205
Who looked better in Week 11?
- Shannon Sharpe. Foster's jacket is too loud. (71%, 154 Votes)
- Arian Foster. Bringin' a howitzer to a knife fight. (30%, 66 Votes)
Total Voters: 218
Click here for previous weeks of the Shannon Sharpe Styleometer.