Layering debate: V-Neck over Button Up over… T-shirt?
Call it another level of layering, a casual renaissance, or whatever… but some of you are absolutely going to hate this look. Some will argue that this is really all about comfort, and if you execute it with the right pieces, it’ll look more than fine. Here are a few suggested requirements for executing the addition of a t-shirt under the v-neck & button up standard layered look:
- Everything has to be untucked
- Can only be worn casually
- The t-shirt has to be an earth tone. No white undershirts allowed.
- The t-shirt has to be close fitting and relatively thin. Think Mossimo or American Apparel.
- The V-neck has to be a thicker lambswool or cotton. No thin cashmere or silk blends
So what say you? A lot of us don’t like the feeling of an untucked button up under a v-neck sweater without a layered t-shirt beneath. It feels like your torso is going commando. The obvious response would be: Tuck your damn shirt in. But sometimes you just want to be completely relaxed. The t-shirt underneath lets you do that.
Would you wear this three level layered casual look? Do you already? Leave your thoughts below.